Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Our Wild Rumpus continues

We were so lucky that on the same day as the Foragers Market at Bulli was the occassional
The Wild Rumpus Makers Market at Thirroul.


It is held in the beautifully restored Anita's Theatre.

Look at these gorgeous seats at the side of the theatre.


It is not a very large space but they have squeezed as many stalls in as they can.

The market supports artists, designers and crafters from the Illawarra.


It was a great opportunity to pick up some totally fabulous Christmas presents.
Plus presents just for us!
We got a ceramic bell from this lovely lady.
She also had some candles in tea bowls and beakers which you could use after the candle has spluttered its last.

Cobalt & Kin

It was hard to believe that his was Hazel's very first market!
Hazel makes jewellery out of smooth beach stones.
They are much more fabulous than I make them sound.
Also had a very nice display.



I also fell for Brigitte's charms and her photographs.
It was hard to chose but with a little help from my friend I picked the brick wall one.
Check it out on her website brigittemarlot.com

Brigitte Marlot




Here is sweet Anna with her handcrafted rope bowls.
Her shop has an awesome name don't you think?

Undercover Walrus
 And speaking of awesome names - how about my very own eye goggles?
No! that's not me and my new specs!
These guys make this cool hanging stuff.

my very own eye goggles


I have met Dotti of Paloma Le Sage before at markets I have done in the area.
I'm a big fan of her handprinted designs.

Paloma Le Sage





On top of the 40 or so makers stalls, there are food stalls, entertainment and a bar!
They even run crafty workshops as well.
What's not to like?
There is something for everyone here.

The next Wild Rumpus Makers Market seems to be on Sunday 21st June, from 12 noon to 4 pm, so you'll have to be patient until then.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...