Monday, November 5, 2012

Makin' it Monday - what to do with too many rice noodles

So I cooked some rice noodles, you know those little skinny ones that look like nothing and then when you cook them you have n-o-o-d-l-e-s!
Oodles of noodles!
What was I thinking? There are only 2 of us here now and I still think I'm cooking for an army!

So the next night it was hot and I decided that a salad was in order.


I gathered together some vegetables -


and some leftover fried tofu -


I used 2 cups of the cooked noodles.
I added 1/2 cup diced capsicum
1/2 cup green beans
1/2 cup baby corn these 3 I blanched in boiling water.

Plus 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup sliced red cabbage
1 cup of bean sprouts
and 1/2 cup diced fried tofu.
I just use the ready-fried tofu that you can buy at the supermarket, but you could fry your own or use unfried tofu.


Mix it all up with a dressing of
2 Tbs lime juice
1 Tbs rice vinegar
1 Tbs oil
1 Tbs soy sauce
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tsp ground coriander powder
2 Tbs chopped fresh herbs, I used basil and coriander
Pinch of chilli flakes if you like


Serve with chopped peanuts on top.

It's very refreshing!

You could use other fresh or blanched vegetables, and omit the tofu if you really object to it.

ps I still didnt manage to use all the noodles - I think they will have to be composted.

pps I failed to use the ginger even thought I photographed it!

Do you have any suggestions for leftover noodles?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...