Thursday, September 13, 2012

Unleashing the beast! - my creative space


 It's been a while....and so I'd forgotten how difficult it could be.
It has deceptively clean simple lines.
It comes in it's own zip-up bag.
But underneath that calm exterior lies a beast with a mind of its own!
....yes, it's the OVERLOCKER!
I wanted take in the side seams of some dresses - in particular the dress that I got for $3 from Vinnies which I'm going to wear to a 50's party on Saturday.
Which meant that I had to unleash the beast!


One hour later - I needed a rest, a cup of tea, calming down....
Then I even went to the lengths of going out to the shops....
I didn't want to admit defeat....but I cold just use a zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine....couldn't I?

NO!

Then, for no apparent reason, I had the 4 threads arranged in just the right configuration - and BINGO!


 I had side seams sewn.

Then it was just a snip to run up the side seams of the other 2 dresses.

By now I was in full-blown mending mode.
So I stitched some of Mr planet's trousers that had come adrift and sailed gaily on to adapting son's tshirts.
Master planet does'nt like tightness around his neck (and I swear I never tried to strangle him when he was a terrible-two-year-old!).
I don't know if this will work, but I cut of the neck ribbing and sewed a hem with a sort of zig-zag stitch.


I'm really missing not playing with my beads this week, but life has been much too busy.....maybe next week - until then....

I'm joining in with my creative space on Village Voices - pop on over and see what's going on over there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...