Friday, May 20, 2011

A day at the writer's festival


I'm so glad I went to the Sydney Writer's Festival today.

What an accessible, vibrant event.

I had booked a ticket to hear one of my favorite authors talk - David Mitchell.
If you don't know him you may be asking "what does he write?"

I can do no better than to quote Adam Begly in The Paris Review -

(his) novels are ambitious, formally complex, imaginatively powerful, and immaculately written. They zigzag across the globe, across centuries, skipping from genre to genre with a restless, openhearted intelligence.

My favorite is "Cloud Atlas", but I took along his latest "The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet" for him to sign (as you do!)



I had a bit of time before that session so I lobbed into "But what I really want to do is write fiction" with wonderful speakers Jane Caro, Roberta Lowing and Leslie Cannold.

Outside you could sit in deckchairs and read your newly purchased book!


It was such a beautiful Sydney harbour day.



3 comments:

PoetessWug said...

How great! Sounds like a good day...I never heard of this writer though, so thanks for the introduction. :-)

Ali said...

wow!!!!!very lovely picture,i really impress by this.

Send gifts to Pakistan From UK

lynsey said...

oooh sounds like a wonderful day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...