Friday, June 25, 2010

Mad about orange - new Monday madness post!

As part of revitalising my blog I'm now having a Monday Madness theme!

Treasury day will be Tuesday!

So the first of my Mad Monday posts is here - I'm just mad about orange!
Aren't you?




I'm not sure how this happened, but I was fatally attracted to orange beads when I went bead shopping at the Quilt and Craft show.



I love these smooth orange howlite beads so much i just wanted to make a big bunch of them into one huge necklace!


Intsead I managed to control myself and make just one simple strand.
These howlite beads are dyed, but I love the complexity of colours with some being quite green and others are brown.
A wonderful effect.

Of course orange is a wonderful companion to turquoise, because blue and orange are complementary colours.
They are on opposite sides of the colour wheel.


Here I have combined some dyed turquoise howlite rectangles with orange coral.

Also quite simple, but I am letting the colours do the talking.

Then it's time for a more thoughtful design.
I love assymetric and random designs and this is what I came up with.


The rhyolite and ceramic beads sit at the side of the necklace, and the orange beads take centre stage!
Pretty pleased with this so - one more for the road!


Similar design with green and yellow agate and an oval ceramic bead.

What would you wear these necklaces with?

This dress would be perfect -



Accessorize with this bag -


And if you need some more orangeness in your life -








If you want some more orangey ideas you could check out Beadsme's orange and poppyseed treasury!

1 comment:

Petaliferous said...

Pretty! i agree, orange is a very vibrant, powerful color! Gorgeous beads :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...