Friday, April 9, 2010

Playing with little beads - what I made this week.

Sitting down all day with leg propped up is giving me a good opporyunity to do some things I wouldnt normally do.

For example finishing off some of those UFO's that seem to lurk in every crafters workspace.

This was a little piece of freeform peyote that had been gathering dust, and I extended it into a bracelet.


Bracelets are a great way to experiment and learn new techniques, they dont take too long or too many beads.

I'm a big fan of Beth Stone's two books - Seed Bead Stitching and More Seed Bead Stitching. (As I may have mentioned before!)

This is a tubular peyote stich bracelet from one of the books


and a diagonal weave necklace with pearls from another,


and a frosted glass and pearl bracelet.


I dug out some of my beading magazines and inspected the bookmarked pages.
This is my simplified version of a bracelet by Elizabeth Nance from Bead and Button magazine Issue 93.


Hers is wider and uses more crystals, so mine is more economical.
But I didnt get the increasing for the crystal inclusion quite right, (not that you can probably tell!) so I made another one.



I am currently making another version of the ruffle bracelet I made last week.

Added to that I have been knitting as well, but havent managed to take photos yet!
That involves moving!

2 comments:

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Beautiful creations Tess. I really like the wave necklace with pearls!

MooBear Designs said...

Did you make these in one day? Far out!! Talk about productive!! Sorry about your lack of movement but it's great that you can work around it and still be creative!!

xo Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...