Tuesday, July 7, 2009

what do I want to be when I grow up?

Like many other craftspeople, I like to dabble.

What I mainly do is string beads, make earrings, necklaces, bracelets - things that dont take a great deal of time, are popular, sell and enable me to go and buy more lovely beads.

But it's fun to dabble and play and learn!

This is what I have been dabbling with recently.

I much admire beader Beth Stone.
Her book 'Seed Bead Stitching' is much more exciting than it sounds, showing basic techniques of bead weaving and a myriad of variations.

I have been learning some of her techniques.


right angle weave, daisy chain, tri stitch, quad stitch, tri stitch variation, and twisted brick stitch made into a bracelet.


I subscribe to Beadwork magazine, and it is always inspirational.
With my growing collection of japanese cylinder beads I was lured into making this bracelet, designed by Linda Gettings.

It took ages!

roller-girl bracelet


I am still fsacinated by triangles and they make up relatively quickly.
The hanging part is the most challenging.
Trying to find a method that looks part of the piece is my goal.
I want it to be an extension of the triangle somehow, but havent got it quite right here.



Back to the drawing/beading board!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...