Saturday, March 28, 2009

How to unblock

- your creative block.

It happens to us all from time to time.
"What shall I make?"
"I don't know where to start!"

"My inspiration has abandoned me!"
"My muse has departed!"

"Nothing's selling. What's the point?"
"Nobody appreciates what I am doing!"

We procrastinate. Spend hours on the computer - chatting and blogging!
Make endless cups of tea and eat chocolate.

Nothing helps!!

SO! I forced myself into my workroom.
I thought "what are some sure-fire combinations?"

Red coral and turquoise.
How about the cheaper turquoise ceramic beads?
String them in a simple combination - kind of a warm-up exercise.

Hey! That didnt hurt a bit!
OK, more coral and different shape beads.

Pull apart a serpentine bracelet and restring with some red aventurine.
Mix the left-over serpentines with some other beads on my desk - and Voila!
Three bracelets.

Rectangles are always a favorite -
and here is the result of my unblocking afternoon!



That wasn't so difficult was it?

How do you unblock?

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

You're so clever...beautiful stuff...like the way you've written down your thoughts processes...

Owl and Fox said...

I unblock by buying more supplies that I simply NEED or else I can't possibly make anything with the piles and piles of useless junk I already have!...hehe...if I can't buy more things, which is usually the case, I reorganize my workspace, I will find something that I haven't seen for ages and get some inspiration. But if it's just not happening, I don't force it, I'll just unwind for a day until my mojo comes back. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...