Saturday, June 28, 2008

rings at last

I have been thinking for a while that it would be great to make rings featuring the beautiful czech lampwork beads that I use.

So I already make hat pins and pin brooches with them, as well as dangly earrings, which I have been doing for years.

I tried a prototype using craft wire, and soon realised I needed a ring mandrel to get the nice round shape. My test one was kinda wonky.

My lovely friend, Lindy lent me a wire wrapped ring that she had bought and I got the idea of wire wrapping, but needed some nice wire.

So guess what was on my shopping list when I went to the bead show the other week?

Now I had the right equipment - most important, but no time!

Yesterday was the first chance I had to play.... and wow! it was such fun. The rings turned out great!

First of all I used some czech faceted firepolished beads. When my daughter saw them she 'was , like, totally Cooool'! She took two to school to do a survey of her 17 year old friends - and sold one! What a great start.


Then I pulled out all my oval czech lampwork beads and a couple of pretty Venetian glass beads and made rings until I ran out of wire.







I'm really pleased with the way they turned out and I will be taking them to the next Kirribilli Art and Design market on13th July.

1 comment:

Serpent Mandalas said...

They look great Tess! :)
I love the green one.
L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...